Friday 1 January 2016

Improve your life - control your anger


Do you or perhaps someone you know suffer from their anger? Do you suffer from road rage? Maybe the behaviour of others infuriates you and leaves you seething? We know that such feelings are not good for us and leads to stress.  So how to control that temper?

In Islam, it is considered a virtue for a Muslim to control his/her anger and temper. But how to do this? Well here are three remedies Islam prescribes for anger...

1. Say "I seek protection from the accursed devil (shaytaan)".
2. Drink a glass of water / perform ablution (perform ritual wash before prayers).
3. Sit down or lie down.

I was in a terrible temper one day and when I considered the above remedies for anger I thought there is no way that these actions will calm me down. After thinking such a thought I decided to try these remedies - what I found shocked me - my anger and temper dissipated.

Accordingly, the next time you or someone close to you has uncontrollable anger I would suggest that you try the3 above mentioned remedies. I am sure you will be surprised with the outcome.  For me, I simply couldn't sustain my anger while sat down, sipping water from a glass.

When I researched this subject more I found many articles showing that simply drinking water can cool our tempers. Here is one such article...


No comments:

Post a Comment